|Version 5 (modified by solomonr, 3 years ago)|
(these are currently in process...)
- a research project. Contains a group of Users, Records, and Record Types. Can optionally have a parent Project, in which case we could call it a Subproject.
- a user of the system. Can belong to one or more Projects.
- the basic unit of research. user-uploaded content. A Record belongs to one User and one Project. (Ultimately these will be able to be shared by Users and Projects, but the system isn't there yet.) The fields of a Record are defined by its Record Type.
- Record Type
- a name and a collection of fields. These are defined by users as a way of "structuring" a research project. For example: a "Soundwalk" might contain an audio file and a path on the map; a "Traffic Sign" might contain an image, a map point, a number representing the height, and a text field for a short description. A Record Type can be shared across multiple Projects (and hopefully some will be!)
The permissions are still a little screwy and still being ironed out. But the basic idea is:
- Primary Investigator
- The manager of a project, can create and edit the project, add and remove users from the project team, etc.
- A collaborator on a project can create records within that project. A collaborator can also add subprojects, which they then have permission to edit and manage etc.
- A contributor on a project can create records within that project. Cannot edit the project details, create subprojects, edit roles, or anything else.
Each of these roles is per project -- which is to say, you could be a Collaborator on one project and a Contributor on another.
(note: the details of these are still subject to change.)
- visit the URT site user area:
- Browse around the map and any pre-existing records and projects
- Login by clicking "Login"
- This brings you to a kind of "user homepage" or "dashboard" type thing. This shows any projects you belong to and your "role" on each, also any records you have already created.
Creating a Sub-project
- From the user homepage screen, click on one of your assigned projects.
- Click "create a new subproject".
- Enter a title and description and any tags you would like to describe the project (these will provide search and filter functionality soon).
- Select yourself and specify your role (this step is awkward and will be eliminated soon). But also, If this is a collaboration, select any other users and specify their roles.
- Select any record types you would like to be part of this project. If you need to create new record types, you can do that after saving your project. That is defined below.
- Click "submit".
- You should now be seeing the project overview page for this project.
Creating a new Record Type
... for now, still admin only