Meeting Notes, August 19th, 2011
Leif and Rory, 10th floor DT lab
- We discussed different methods of mobile integration for the future. possibilities are:
- Integration with future mapping APIs developed for the web -- eg, openlayers, google maps, cloudmade's leaflet, etc ...
- Display KML data and then create custom user experience/UI
- we discussed what the mobile app needs to do for now:
- Audio recording with geolocation
- Image capture with geolocation
- ie, does NOT need to support arbitrary user-defined data types like the web app tries to do
- we realized that, in general, given that this is more of a demo, the mobile should "just work" and make certain assumptions / defaults when needed. This might violate some of the research methodology ideas we've talked about, but it will allow people to play with the app and see things work, and they can always come back later to get a deeper understanding of research goals and etc. As a concrete example: if a user registers through the mobile app, they should be able to upload data w/out explicitly defining a record type or adding that record type to their project. To achieve this, their project will just get a default record type which they can then come back to via the website and add more info.