Meeting Notes, July 6th 2011
Jane, Jess, Rory, Leif, Liz, Nidhi, in the 10th floor lab
- talked about procuring Flash media server ... cheap linux box?
- talked about Liz's fall class:
- focussing on 14th St
- students will pick a variable that can reasonably be sensored
- design an intervention
- talked about how this is somewhat similar to UMA in the sense that students might use the Argument feature to reflect on collected data
- talked about lat/long readings and how we probably won't have actual GPS data but instead will want to associate data readings with something like a "data collection area", which will be a map area. This could be accommodated by the record reference feature we developed last fall
- for sensor data students will essentially have two points: before and after
- need to create user accounts for trac and svn and etc for Leif & Nidhi
- this might entail getting LDAP accounts for them? also we should probably get this for Shannon?
- Leif and Rory will work on:
- Nidhi gave a quick reportback about Eyebeam Digital Day Camp and Hethre's presentation about her UMA project (Pigeography) and potential uses of URT by the DDC student projects
- talked about the timeline feature, Yoon's design of that, and prioritizing implementing it