- default python CSV parsing
- create a new "data layer" (record type) on import, or, match up the csv file to pre-existing "data layer"
- first row of CSV would be used to match up with layer field names
- if creating new, those would be field names; if matching up, tool will give error if fields don't match up, prompting user to edit CSV, or select different extant "data layer"
- rows of CSV file would create new data points
- original CSV file should be saved ... create "CSV Import Log" record, saving username, date, time, original CSV and possibly notes about the import
- rory and leif will be working on this