Flash-based audio recording
- The audio recording will be a new kind of field -- as opposed to the existing audio field which will now be considered something like "audio upload field".
- When URT generates a record creation form for a data layer / record type that has an "audio recording" field, that field will be rendered with a mini version of the Ats&Lats audio recording SWF
- When Django renders that form it will pass in (as a param to the SWF object) the filename that will be used for that audio file on the Flash media server
- The filename can be something like: /<PROJECT_NAME>/<RECORD_TYPE_NAME>/<RECORD_ID>-<FIELD_NAME>
- this will be prepended with any parent directories on the server, and any file type extension
Update: 08/19/2011 With the flash server still being down an other approach is available. The file will be recorded locally and then uploaded after the recording is complete. The file will be generated as a ".wav" file that is uncompressed. The file size will have to be managed some how.
Access to upload files will be needed.
A simple playback device will also be added so that people can manage the audio files that are already part of a project.
- We need to determine if the Flash Media Server automatically saves the audio file even if the user doesn't explicitly click "stop". This will determine if the didUserRecordAnything field gets set when the user hits 'record' of when the user hits 'stop'.